Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sally, the new foster dog

The kids Aunties, Fatima and Rachel, got a new foster dog on Thursday, Sally.  We had a quick walk at the park on Friday morning until Lucy got a nasty cut on her leg and Fatima had to race her off to the vet:-(  She's good now though.  Anyway, later in the afternoon Fatima bought Sally and Louie round to my place.  Well, Sally thought that was great.  You would have thought she was staking claim ... and Beryl got very worried.  In all the photos I took that afternoon Beryl doesn't look happy in any of them.  She was mentally telling me I don't need another dog.  Even that night Beryl was very subdued. 

Beryl telling Louie to take that brindle thing home!
Frankie, Sally and Beryl (not happy!)
Sally's happy!  Isn't she gorgeous?
Sally getting some love from Fatima.
Frankie wasn't all that impressed with Sally.  He kept trying to get Beryl to play
C'mon Sis!
But we'd had 1 1/2 hours down the park already and she was tired and she wasn't going to let that brindle thing out of her sight! 
Where's that brindle thing gone now?
I can play:-)
Sally won't be in foster care for long, she's ready for pet life now:-)  And Beryl will be glad when she's gone!  I don't think Beryl would like it if I fostered, lol.   But I think she knew I was really taken with Sally and thought she might be moving on, poor Beryl. 

(Oh, the pics are a bit fuzzy because it was late afternoon and overcast)

8 comments:

jet said...

Hahah oh Beryl might just not like another Greyhound Lady around. She wants to be the only Greyhound Lady in the house! ;)

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Yes, Beryl likes being Queen of the castle with Frankie as her Prince:-) And I think that's how Frankie likes it too. I know I couldn't cope with another dog, lol.

jet said...

Yeah I couldn't have more than two either! I think my dogs would be OK but the cats would never forgive me!

blogdog said...

Watch out -- it's a slippery slope you're on! I distinctly remember saying how 2 was the ideal number of dogs to have. Then... somehow... I couldn't resist #3. Life presented me with a 4th last year. This could be you someday! :-)

houndstooth said...

Oh, we've gone through that on several occasions! Bunny is really not so happy with Morgan stealing her thunder around here, either, but Blueberry loves her for some reason. Blue would rarely lower herself to play with Bunny, but she gets Morgan going all the time! The dynamics are always fun to watch. Bunny has been getting a lot of special time, though, so she's getting used to the idea.

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

I used to own multiple dogs in my previous (married) life when I bred and showed (unsuccessfully!) Shelties. But they are smaller and also I lived on 40 acres so didn't have to take them anywhere to walk them:-) 7 fitted into our house just fine! Now I'm on my own I think 2 bigger dogs is enough for me to do justice to financially and exercise-wise. And I get to spend time with all the foster greyhounds, and watch the dynamics in Fatima and Rachel's household. I've virtually got the best of both worlds:-)

whygreyhounds said...

Wow, Beryl does not looked impressed! She looks like she is not happy about sharing her mum with anyone.....

We have only 1 Grey currently (Rex) and I am enjoying the lower $$ and the bond with only one dog. We always had 4 or 5 as we lived on farms. I think 2 is a good number!

Ashley said...

i didnt realise you used to have shelties :) we have one. she is going to have a litter of puppies next year :) and we have 4 dogs now, plus a foster dog and a litter of 5 puppies- which we are keeping all of!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...