Saturday, September 4, 2010

Greyhound Heaven + Saturday Blog Hop

Yes, it's winter here:-)
It was way too gorgeous a day here to just go to the park with the kids so Fatima and I decided to take them all down to the forest/sand dunes/beach where I took my two last Tuesday.  And didn't they all LOVE it:-)  I took 145 photos but don't worry, I'm not going to show you them all, lol.
Greyhounds racing!
Nomads
Bart having a rest in the shade!
He nearly exhausted himself before we even got to the beach.  Common sense prevailed and he decided to pace himself and managed to make it there and back without us having to carry him, thank goodness!

Beryl the Dingo:-)
Frankie's Dingo impersonation:-)
Look at all that sand!
The beautiful Beryl
Is it Bart or Lucy ..... it's Bart!
Beryl's got her eye on Bart:-)
Bart's got his eye on Frankie!
Which way?
Ok, this way.
Bart and Beryl

Bart and Lucy
Beryl
Lucy
Hmm, Louie thinks there must be a rabbit somewhere?
Lucy and brother Bart
Louie leading the way
What's over this sand dune?
Lucy having a 'power rest'
And last but certainly not least,
Louie, looking his regal best.
I'm sure the kids all agree that it was a fabulous afternoon.  I know Fatima and I had a ball seeing them enjoy themselves so much.

It may look deserted but we spent quite a bit of time dodging cars driving too fast on the beach and more cars, motorbikes and dogs in the sand dunes but the kids all behaved impeccably.

And now, if you're still here, it's time for the Saturday Blog Hop again.  You know the drill, go to Life With Dogs and follow the instructions.  Enjoy ....

10 comments:

jet said...

Ah cars speeding on the beach! We went on a holiday to Esperance and walked the beach with Bender every day, all day, and the people in their 4x4s gave us disdainful looks! what's wrong with walking?

Pup Fan said...

Gorgeous photos! Looks like a wonderful day. :)

http://istillwantmorepuppies.blogspot.com/

Hiking Hounds said...

Wow, I wish we had nice soft sand to run and play in! Beautiful pictures.

Art and Sew Forth said...

WHAT FUN! That silhouette of Bart is awesome. Reminds me of the dunes we run up in Michigan. Beautiful dogs!

http://artandsewforth.blogspot.com/

houndstooth said...

I just drool with envy when I see all the pictures of the beautiful places you get to go with the dogs! Those shots are all gorgeous! You could make your own calendar with all the great pictures you get.

I thought about you when we heard about the earthquake. I'm glad you all seem to be alright!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi I am animal love!! I love Greyhounds!!
I think they are the most beautiful dog there is!! They are the best, that is for sure!!
Come see me !!

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Thanks Houndstooth. The earthquake was in the South Island, we're in the North Island. We had a little one a couple of weeks ago. All the greyhound people and their dogs down there seem to have come through unscathed:-)

Anonymous said...

visiting on the hop.

i envy your having a winter when it's winter. i don't think i used my coat more than three times this winter. bloody queensland.

it looked like a great day on the beach.

jcp said...

Your greyhound heaven looks far more appealing than mine :). Kassa says to heck with the deer, He wants to run in New Zealand!

Michelle said...

What a spectacular day! Love all the photos. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...