Sunday, April 24, 2011

Will I EVER Get My Act Together?

Yesterday Beryl and I went to another Rally O competition.  We had an awesome day, good weather, great company and some very entertaining rounds:)  I entered Beryl in Rally Novice and Rally Zoom.  Unfortunately Beryl decided that she really HAD to have a comfort stop when we were almost half way through the Rally Novice course even though she hadn't needed to go a few minutes earlier!  We finished the course for experience sake and I've actually got a few photos of us in action.
I look a little lost as usual!
I am going to get a shorter lead!  Beryl is paying attention:)
Good heel position:)
Both concentrating!
Awesome 'down and wait while I walk around her'
You're not getting another down out of me unless I get a treat, Mum!!
So that was good practice anyway:)  A while later we did the Rally Zoom course which I don't have any photos of which is a bit of a shame as Beryl went SO well .... but I got lost again:(  We were half way through a weave and I forgot what the station was, lol!  My mind totally went blank (which isn't that unusual!) so I turned it into a weave twice which was totally wrong and cost me 10 points.  I keep forgetting that I can redo a station if I blow it, hopefully I'll get my act together someday!  I would have only lost 3 points if I'd redone the station.  And apart from me messing up again, she only lost 2 other points the whole course!!  We still got our first merit card on 88 points but we could have got a gold qualifying certificate, same as last weekend, duh!  But it's all good fun and experience and hopefully we'll get there:)

The next competition isn't for ages so now we can start learning some things for our Dancing Doggies debut:)

We hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter weekend:)

Time for us all to do some blog hopping which is kindly hosted by the fabulous Life With DogsTwo Little Cavaliers and Confessions of The Plume

It's easy to join in, just ....

* Link up your blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add you link once to be seen on all the Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week.

** Grab the Pet Bloggers Blog Hop button that our friends over on Life with Dogs made for us and include it in your Saturday Pet Bloggers Hop post so that your readers will know what is going on.

*** Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool and comment on their blogs to say hello!

**** Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you'd like

***** Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you're from the Saturday Pet Bloggers Hop

****** Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Bloggers Blog Hop


13 comments:

houndstooth said...

You'll get it, no worries! It's just a little fine tuning you have to get through in the beginning. You both look great out there doing your thing! :)

jet said...

All those teeny signs on the ground look confusing to me too! at least with agility its' pretty obvious what the dog has to do at each obstacle!

Karen Friesecke said...

Dogs just have no concept of modesty, do they? The pics look great, I wish that I could do things like that with Jersey, but she's a very "what's in it for me" kind of dog and doesn't like to work.

Happy Easter to you, too!

Sue said...

Fab photos. Just keep having fun. Any certificates are a bonus.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you haven't been giving yourself enough treats during training. I think you need more treats.

Beryl looked poised and gracious, naturally.

Sage said...

That looks like fun! Yay for Beryl!!

Hiking Hounds said...

You two look great! What's Rally Zoom, is it fast Rally? Zephyr and I have taken a few Rally classes. It's hard for me to get him interested enough to pay attention to me. I'm hoping that as he gets better maybe we can take a class later in the summer.

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

I love reading your stories of your competitions with Beryl! You are both doing so well! I wouldn't worry about getting things wrong at this stage - you haven't been doing it that long, right? I'm sure as you both go along you'll relax and then you'll get more of those gold certificates!

She's a very good girl, isn't she? Bless!

jcp said...

Great Job. I'm so impressed you are doing this with Beryl. Looks like a lot of fun!

georgia little pea said...

Looks like you had a beautiful day. Blue skies too! Jealous I am. Love that last pic of Beryl.

Oh, and Happy Awfully Belated Easter :) thank you too for checking back in. Still holding on. Tough old guy.

Sandy ~~~ said...

Ha...I am SURE I will be the one to mesh things up when we try this someday. I used to do the same thing in trail classes with my horse. We would be going all just fine and BRAIN FART time!

genji said...

Love to see the greyhound stretching pics.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Beryl, you are so smart! I love to see working greyhounds all over the world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...